On Friday, May 9th, a group of healthcare compliance professionals will meet in the Columbus Airport Marriott to discuss a myriad of Health IT issues for the 2014 Healthcare Compliance Association’s Upper North Central Regional Conference. The HCCA group is member-based, includes compliance and risk managers, healthcare CEOs, consultants and attorneys. They cover a wide range of healthcare institutions, from hospitals to home health, group practices to academic institutions.
Here’s a little bit of what of what you’ll see at the HCCA event in Columbus this Friday:
Addressing Insider Threats
Rob Rhodes CPHIMS, CHCIO, HCISPP- Senior Director, Patient Privacy Solutions, Iatric Systems, inc.
- Explore technology that can correlate and automatically monitor PHI access information across your enterprise
- Learn how to set up risk assessment guidelines, identify gaps, and create an effective feedback loop
- Consider how exception and medical identity theft reporting can reduce insider threats
Healthcare Enforcement from the Defence Perspective
Anthony R. Petruzzi – Council, Tucker Ellis LLP
- Do’s and Don’ts: How to respond when the government knocks.
- Are you my lawyer? The Upjohn Warning, and other attorney-client issues.
- Lessons Learned: Practical tips to minimize and mitigate enforcement risk.
HIPAA Hot Topics
Alen Killworth – Partner, Bricker and Eckler
- Living with the HITECH rules
- Accounting for Disclosures – Where are the new regulations?
- HIPAA Compliance and mobile device use
- Audits and enforcement
- Intersection of HIPAA and Meaningful Use requirements
Online Tech will also be on site, answering questions about HIPAA compliant hosting and exhibiting all of our HIPAA compliant solutions, so be sure to come by and say hello if you’ll be at the show.