As we all take a step back to reminisce about the past year and drop the ball on a new one, those of us at Online Tech have plenty of achievements to celebrate.
We’ve called this, our 20th year of existence, “the most ambitious and successful 12 months” in the company history in a recent press release. That’s notable, considering our 20th anniversary story about how we’ve evolved from being Michigan’s first ISP in 1994 to a leader in secure and compliant hosting today.
“2014 was a transformational year in terms of geographical growth, new data centers, an expansion of an existing facility, customer growth, industry honors and product launches,” said Yan Ness, co-CEO of Online Tech. “Every strategic step we have taken has allowed us to immediately deliver more value to our clients, while positioning the company for continued rapid growth.”
Some of the company’s achievements include:
- Opening the Indiana Data Center, Online Tech’s fifth overall facility and first outside the state of Michigan.
- Opening the Metro Detroit Data Center, Online Tech’s first data center in the under-served metro Detroit market.
- Completing a major expansion of the Mid-Michigan Data Center near Flint to meet growing demand in central Michigan.
- Launching an encrypted cloud and backup service for companies that must comply with HIPAA, PCI, Sarbanes-Oxley and other regulations.
- Delivering an end-to-end encryption solution to healthcare companies, helping them overcome a challenging aspect of HIPAA and achieve compliance
- Receiving numerous industry honors, including our seventh consecutive FastTrack Award for fast-growing corporations.
And, according to co-CEO Mike Klein, there’s plenty more to come.
“This was a great year for our company, but I believe 2015 will be even better,” Klein said. “The need for highly secure, fully compliant hosting services is growing by leaps and bounds. … No other company is better positioned to meet the increasing demands of security and compliance than Online Tech.”
We wish you all similar success in 2015. Happy New Year.
Press Release: Cloud Protects PHI with Encryption from Front End to Back Up