Online Tech will be attending the Management Information and Business Show two-day event hosted by the Michigan Association of CPAs (MACPA). Held on June 27-28 from 7:30-6 P.M. ET, the conference will be located at the Suburban Collection Showplace in in Novi, Michigan.
As the largest accounting trade show in Michigan, this annual conference is a great networking opportunity for technology, accounting and auditing, and tax and financial planning professionals.
Industry-specific breakout sessions include talks on the topics of:
- Accounting & Auditing – risk management, avoiding audit confirmation fraud, financial reporting for deferred state taxes, internal audit tools and techniques and more.
- Ethics – real ethics cases and inquiries, and case studies on ethics with a look at ethical principles.
- Financial Planning – fiduciary risks, social security review, eldercare, whole life insurance, retirement plan solutions and more. Need to Know – business valuation, business marketing, what’s new in SBA lending, professional communications, office lease considerations and more.
- Tax – state and local taxes, federal tax update, tax consequences of partner/partnership debt transactions, tax planning, tax preparer penalties and more.
- Technology – outsourced vs. in-house payroll, the latest in mobile tools, iPad tips and techniques and more.
View the full agenda (PDF) and descriptions of the breakout sessions.
Online Tech will be exhibiting our SOX compliant hosting solutions, including SSAE 16 hosting, SOC 1 hosting,SOC 2 hosting and SOC 3 hosting options. Our clouds, colocation and managed servers are fully audited and compliant.
SOX compliance, or Sarbanes-Oxley, was established in 2002 to regulate financial practices and avoid fraud. The SOX Act regulations which records should be stored, and for how long.
As a managed hosting and data center company, Online Tech is affected by SOX since it is our business to store your company’s electronic records safely.
Find out more about SOX compliant hosting.
Data Center Standards Cheat Sheet – From HIPAA to SOC 2
A SOC of A Different Color: Critical Differences Between SOC 2 and SOC 1/SSAE 16
SOC 1, SOC 2 & SOC 3 Report Comparison
SAS 70 is Dead – Long Live Soc 2 and SOC 3
SOCs and SASs: The New Standards for Service Organization Controls Reporting