We are now entering the second year of federal health IT incentives and it is more important now than ever to take steps toward achieving HIPAA compliance and implementing an electronic health records (EHR) system.
The federal government has already paid out more than $872 million in incentives to Medicaid/Medicare health organizations and individual providers that have adopted a meaningful use EHR system.
Here are 5 must-read articles explaining HIPAA compliance and what it means for your business in 2012:
- HIPAA Compliance: Are You Ready for Jan. 1 2012? – This article provides a timeline of important dates in benefits and compliance deadlines.
- Unhealthy: 2011 Saw Surge In HIPAA Compliance Issues – This article reviews HIPAA trends in 2011 showing that health related data is becoming less secure while enforcement is growing more stringent.
- HIPAA & Health IT: $872 Million in Incentives – This article explains what you need to do qualify for HIPAA/EHR benefits based on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009.
- Health organizations not prepared for HIPAA audits – This article shows that health organizations are lagging behind regulations and the Dept. of Health and Human Services Offices is already conducting random, on-site audits.
- 2012 Health IT Spending & Trends – This articles breaks down Health IT spending in major tech investments as well as shows the advantages of virtualization in healthcare.
More HIPAA compliance/health IT resources:
Data Center Industry News: HIPAA Compliance – For the latest on Health IT industry news and compliance updates.
HIPAA Compliant Case Studies – Real Companies and Real HIPAA Hosting Solutions